New project logo

I gotta say I really like the font and the dashed lines. I see where you’re going with the greyhound.
I don’t dislike it but it doesn’t quite resonate. I don’t suppose you could post the SVG up some where? :smiley:

Sure. The SVG you can download here. The font face I used was Navy Queen, you can download it from here. I was thinking on go with the dashed lines here in there within the logo itself, doing some extra work on the S character, perhaps having a 1:1 ratio so it could be used as the icon as well.

Thanks! what was the font you used on the “framework” tag it seems foreshortened.

I was just going to enclose the SANIC title with dashes and make one side slightly red and the other slightly blue aka Doppler effect and subtle reference to sanic meme

3 Likes

Nice! That might sound awesome. The font face I used for the “framework” part is Polly. Sorry that I missed it. You can download it here.

Yup that fixed it. Cheers.

1 Like

Here’s my attempt

logo-idea-iv

The files can be found here. I used a trial version of Affinity Designer to update the SVG and re-export as I was having troubles getting Inkscape to run on my MBP.

4 Likes

I really like that idea. I’m thinking about playing with it a little bit more. The framework font face I picked up randomly, we can use everything in upper case as well …

That looks really cool. I like how a slightly extended upper line of C adds a special vibe to the logo. (I do miss the greyhound :wink: but that’s more of an inner conflict)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :slight_smile:

It’s a dogs life. The extended C was @vltr 's idea. I liked to too.

Sorry for being late to the party here … I have had a ridiculous few weeks (new baby, started building a house, and some crazy last minute deadlines).

I will try to summarize my thoughts in relation to a few things:

1. Trying to evoke speed with the horizontal lines … I am totally in favor of this.
  2. My initial impression of the greyhound was not a knee-jerk “I am in love with the idea”. I get the mascot idea, and how greyhounds tie into speed. But it seems like it is more trying to find a mascot to replace another. Maybe we can hold onto the idea for the future. For right now I think the focus should be on creating a new identity, one that is more solid, professional, and can be taken seriously.
  3. +1 for both of the typefaces introduced.
  4. +1 for the idea of squaring up the S (if it is not already) for usage as a 1:1 logo.
  5. I really like the doppler effect idea introduced by @LaughingBubba. What if the lines come inside the C a little more so it is not as square looking:
2 Likes

I really like the doppler effect idea introduced by @LaughingBubba

Yeah, me too! I made some changes today and I hope I can put something here tomorrow with that idea in mind, with the S being 1:1 :smile:

Yeah the extended lines into the C close the void a bit and adds a little extra sense of movement.

Any more input on this? It would be nice to come to a consensus so we can use it when we push the release.

I did not have time to work properly on this, perhaps I’ll find a spot during this week yet :wink:

How about this?

Thanks to @vltr. He did the logo work. All I did was make some color changes to it.

Personally, I really like this single color look with the “electric” magenta color.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Is it online already? :smile:

Okay… I think we have had enough ideas floated around and it is time to make a choice. I want to start implementing it next week so let’s make a decision. If you vote No, please reply with a reason why.

Should we adopt this logo?

• Yes, I love it!
  • Yes, Let’s adopt this and tweak it more later.
  • No.

0 voters