UserWarning Logging continues every 1 to 3 minutes.

Logging continues every 1 to 3 minutes.

"/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sanic/asgi.py:124: UserWarning: You have set a listener for "before_server_start" in ASGI mode. It will be executed as early as possible, but not before the ASGI server is started."

Is the server restarting?

If there is a way to apply run_async_advanced.py when using uvicorn, I would like to get help.

Hi @devappkr, thanks for the post.

When you are running in ASGI mode, you are using Sanic just as a framework tool for handling routing, Middleware, listeners, etc. You need to bring your own server (uvicorn, hypercorn, or Daphne).

Therefore, anything related to Sanic’s server is not applicable.

I’m curious: what is the motivation for using create_server? Or, for using ASGI?

Start using unicorn as below.
uvicorn server:app --workers=8 --host 0.0.0.0 --port=8080 --log-level=warning

Yes, that is correct. Is this a response to my questions?

If so, you can skip that example and look at run_asgi.py instead. Build your app however you would like. Just point uvicorn to the location of the module with your Sanic() instance.

uvicorn server:app
Sanic instance name is app (in the server.py )
already using unicorn.

‘UserWarning’ Logging continues every 1 to 3 minutes.
I don’t know what the problem is.
Is the server still restarting?

Okay, so I may have completely misread your original question. I edited it to make it easier to read. Sorry about that.

First, you can get rid of the warning by using after_server_start instead of before_server_start.

Second, if you see that again and again, then yes, that means uvicorn is restarting.

A couple things spring to mind:

1. You are in development mode, and when you save the files it triggers a restart. It does not look like you are using that though. In uvicorn, this is the --reload flag.
  2. Something in the app is causing the processes to crash. Is there any other logging?

What versions of Python/Sanic/uvicorn are you using?