Sanic 20.12 Conda Package for python 3.9?

Hi,

i just realized that on conda there is no package for the latest sanic 20.12 and python 3.9, only forpython 3.8 a package is available.

Is the conda package not part of the official release or is something more sinister going on?

:thinking:

We do not actively maintain that. There is an old issue about it, and this repo. I imagine something in there probably needs to be updated.

The version bumping and package rebuilds are triggered by the conda-forge bot after a new version appears on PyPI. Support for new python versions happens via conda-forge migrations. The python 3.9 migration status can be followed here conda-forge status
There was an unmerged PR which has been closed by the bot due to commit conflicts conda-forge/sanic-feedstock/pull/23

I recreated that pull request to add support for python 3.9, see Rebuild for python 3.9 by kszucs · Pull Request #28 · conda-forge/sanic-feedstock · GitHub

Conda-forge is heavily used by the scientific community and it’s a great way for package distribution. Generally speaking it’s pretty easy to maintain pure python conda-forge repository, most of the updates are handled automatically and the maintainers are responsive. We can also add more maintainers to the recipe/meta.yaml#L57. @ahopkins perhaps it would be nice having you listed there.

Awesome, thanks @kszucs. Happy to be added.

It’s there now.
Thanks.

And just because I’m greedy:
Any chance of sanic 21 coming soon…? :pleading_face: