Is sanic slower than flask?

According to this benchmark (https://github.com/the-benchmarker/web-frameworks), Sanic has lower performance in every aspect than Flask. Is it true? or Is there other reasons? If it’s true, I wonder what is the advantage of using Sanic rather than Flask.

That benchmark is a bit flawed. At some point I plan to make another PR to fix the issue. The problem is two-fold.

1. It does not use production ready best practices. Leaving access_log=True can have a large performance hit. It is generally better to do something like this outside Sanic with a reverse proxy, like nginx.
  2. It uses gunicorn for running the tests. While it is a viable option for deployment, it is not as fast as using either (a) Sanic’s native webserver or (b) an ASGI enabled webserver. Since Sanic’s speed comes from asyncio, you need to be able to access those benefits from the server.
1 Like

Does it mean even if I set worker_class = 'sanic.worker.GunicornWorker' the gunicorn won’t use asyncio?

Can I consider the 'sanic.worker.GunicornWorker' as some compatibilities?

Thanks for the comment. the benchmark is surely flawed and must be fixed ASAP, because Sanic promotes itself with speed (go fast).